Monday, June 4, 2012

The Rain shall hide our tears

    Mitsuhana Okiya recently was told that Naomi Ayame, a sister and member of our family, is dying. At first, I sat at my desk, reading all the notices. I think shock was my first reaction. Then as I read the next notice, I came to realize...this was very much real. I dressed into my Mofuku....mourning kimono, with a very heavy heart. I cried some in Real Life, while ignoring all the Ims I was getting. Gomen yasu, for those I didn't respond to.
    Gion Higashi was a ghost town. I walked its streets and found that our shrine had a white paper on it....a Buddhist tradition to protect it from unwanted spirits. I travel to the sake house, expecting my sister Sayohana san there...it was empty. Then I noticed something next to the Dojo....it was a statue with two drapeing cloth on either side. "our angel"
     I will admit, I cried when I saw this symbol of our love for her. I clapped my hands and bowed to offer my prayers to Ayame san. The silence of the sim just went through my soul. I decided to return to the okiya. It was a sobering feeling as I walked down the main hallway towards the stairs lending to our rooms. I stopped before entering mine and continued down the hall to where Ayame san slept. Slowly I opened the door. My heart dropped a little when I saw it empty.
     On the eastern wall.....there was a small table, with a picture of a poem hanging on the wall. I knew right away what this was. Our Okiya memorial for our sister. A few placed flowers, some incense, and candles. I sat down before this altar....bowed three times. I placed on the right hand side of the table a bowl of cooked rice. Reika chan walked in and sat next to me. We shared a few silent moments before we embraced each other and cried.
     She told me, several people from other sims came to pay their respects and other sims were letting us know, if there was anything we needed to just ask. My heart felt the warmth of everyone's respect and honor....I only wished it didn't take such sorrow to feel it.  I must say, Okaasan is taking it the worse. She spoke to Ayame san the most...both in Second Life and outside of it. They were very close from what I'm being told. Everyone's heart is breaking for her...hopeing she will find the strength to smile again.
     I am reminded of though we are vitural girls, playing a game...exploring our inner desires of a life we'll never know in real life......we really are a family. Our connections and affections go beyond the computer screens we sit before. Yes, we see avatars walking and we read what we say....but there are real people behind this charactors you see before you. We all laugh and cry. Our emotions still play an important part in the group of friends we surround ourselves with. The heart does bond with those you play with. What we look like, how we live...has nothing to do, with who we are.
     When you are on second life, you don't see the person...only the avatar. However you meet the real person controlling it. We humans judge too much on looks, lifestyle, wealth...on second life...you can only judge based on their personality. Which in the end is what really counts. You can be deformed, and be the greatest person in the world. Not to mention you could be the most beautiful person, and be the most wicked. Personality is what truly counts and all I can say, my sister Naomi Ayame san....was one of the most sweetest, most kindness, and most beautiful person I have ever known.
     She never judged nor did she speak poorly of anyone...at least never to me. She was so full of life and energy that was so profound, you could feel it come through the computer screen and surround you. She was truly one of a kind...and there will never be one like her again. She was afraid to be forgotten...and I must say, I do not know your real name and I do not know where in the world you lived...but what I do know, dearest sister....you shall never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment